This is Third of Memorable Songs of Lata Mangeshkar during our micro-revisit of the ‘Best songs of 1950: And the winners are?.
In the First Part, we had a look at Lata Mangeshkar Songs of C Ramchandra, whereas in the Second Part, we had a look at Lata Mangeshakar’s Songs of Husnlal Bhagatram and Ghulam Mohammad.
In this third and concluding part, we will look at Lata Mangeshakar’s Songs of Anil Biswas and each of Lata Mangeshkar’s two Songs of S D Burman, Naushad and Bulo C Rani and one that of Vinod.
Anil Biswas’s Lata Mangeshkar Songs
Anil Biswas continues to repose his faith in vocal cords of Lata Mangeshkar, in two films that he did in 1950.
1. Mera naram karejawa dol gaya – Arzoo – Prem Dhavan
2. Aankhon se door ja ke jana na dil se door – Arzoo – Majrooh Sultanpuri
3. Kahan tak hum uthayein gham – Arzoo – Jaan Nishar Akhtar
4. Unhein hum jo dil se bhulane lage wo kuchh aur bhi yaad aane lage – Aarzoo – Majrooh Sultanpuri
All songs in one clip:
5. Matwale naino waale ke main waari waari jaaun – Beqasoor – Arzoo Lakhanvi
S D Burman’s Lata Mangeshkar Songs
S D Burman’s very popular score of Afsar had Suraiya as The Female Playback Singer, which was obvious. His another film, Pyar, has Geeta Roy as the lead Feamle Playback singer. Even Mashal had one solo to Geeta Roy and duet to Shamshad Begum
1. Aankhon se door door hain par dil ke paas jo – Mashal – Pradeep
2. Aaj Nahin To Kal Bikhar Jayenge Yeh Badal – Mashal – Pradeep
Naushad’s Lata Mangeshkar Songs
Naushad had only one film, but all the songs were top grossers. Shamshad Begum had primarily lent voice for Munnawar Sultana as well as to Nargis, whereas Lata Mangeshkar was used for Nargis in two slos and duet with Shamshad Begum. In the previous years, Shamshad Begum was the lead playback in Mela, then next year in Andaz, Lata got into the hot seat, this year situation again takes U-turn, to be reversed again completely in the subsequent years.
1. Panchhi ban mein piya piya gaane laga – Babul – Shakeel Badayuni
2. Lagan more man ki balam nahi mane – Babul – Shakeel Badayuni
Bulo C Rani ‘s Lata Mangeshkar Songs
1. Hans Hans Ke Mere Chain Pe Bijli Ghiraye Ja – Rasiya
2. Wo humse chup hain hum unse chup hain dilon ke armaan machal rahe hain – Rasiya – DN Madhok
Trivia: Not very surprised if this song reminds us of more popular song that has similar sounding opening lines : Woh Humse Chup Hai, Hum Unse Chup Hai, Mananewale Mana Rahe Hain – which also happens to be song in the year 1950. One more beauty of the song is that Chitalkar has lip sang for Raj Kapoor.
Other Music Directors’ Lata Mangeshkar Songs
More dwar khule hain aanewale kab aaoge – Anmol Ratan – D N Madhok – Vinod