We now take up another major category – Male Solo Songs – during our journey of the review of ‘Best songs of 1950: And the winners are?’.
The first scrutiny of the List of Memorable Songs shows relatively less strong presence of Male Solo Songs. So go back to the basics and pick up Hindi Film Geet Kosh to make the universe of our current micro-review wide enough. It does primarily help to listen to as many songs as are available on YT, thereby get a far better feel of the topic under discussion. As a bonus, you get to listen to many songs that have simply remained unnoticed.
The exercise is certainly worth every grain of efforts that it called for. The expanded list gave a wonderful opportunity to listen to several music directors now relegated to very deep grey of the oblivion, some very bold experiments and, of course, listening to many unheard songs of Ghulam Mustafa Durrani (aka G M Durrani).
We first pick up Mukesh’s solo songs for the year 1950.
1. Preet laga ke maine ye phal paya – Aankhen – Raja Menhadi Ali Khan – Madan Mohan
2. Teri duniya mein dil lagta nahi – Bawre Nain – Kedar Sharma – Roshan
3. Mohabbat bhi jhoothi zamana bhi jhootha – Hamari Beti – Pt Faani – Snehal Bhatkar
Additional songs sourced from Hindi Film Geet Kosh, with the support of YT:
4. Berukhi Bas Ho Chuki – Hamari Beti – – Snehal Bhatkar
5. Tum Jab Mil Kar Chhoot Gaye – Bebus – Jalal Malihabadi – Ganapat Rao
6. Main Tumse Pyar Karata – Bebus – Jalal Malihabadi – S K Pal
7. Woh Dikhla Le Ham Ko Police Yeh Thana.. Kismat Mein Yahi Likha Tha – Hanste Ansoo – Majrooh Sultanpuri – Ghulam Mohammad
8. Sakhi Ri Mere Man Ke Aangan Aana – Preet Ke Geet – Premi – Shyam Babu Pathak
9. Jise Ham Yaad Karte Hain – Preet Ke Geet – Premi – Shyam Babu Pathak
10. Do Dilon Ke Milane Ka Ye Bahan Ho Gaya – Raj Mukut – Bharat Vyas – Gobind Ram
11. Hey Priye Tumhaare Swagat Ko – Ram Darshan – Ramesh Gupta – D C Dutt