We listened to Mukesh’s solo songs in our last episodeas part of our journey through the ‘Best songs of 1950: And the winners are?.
We would now pick solo songs of Talat Mahmood.
Talat Mahmood had two great films – Arzoo (Anil Biswas) and Babul (Naushad) this year. With so much astounding commercial success, it was quite ironical that Talat Mahmood had a very short association with Anil Biswas and with Naushad Babul was the only one. They did one more song a good 18 years later (Aadmi- 1968 – Kaisi Haseen Ye Baharon Ki Raat Hai) which also got overturned in the final take !
Be that as it may, we have here a very wide range of songs to listen to :
1. Jab kisi ke rukh pe zulfein aa ke lahrane lagin – Anmol Ratan – DN Madhok – Vinod
2. Ae dil mujhe aisi jagah le chal – Arzoo – Majrooh Sultanpuri – Anil Biswas
3. Husnwaalon ko na dil do – Babul – Shakeel Badayuni- Naushad
4. Mera jeewan saathi bichhad gaya – Babul – Shakeel Badayuni – Naushad
5. Sundarata ke sabhi shikaari – Jogan – Pt Indra – Bulo C Rani
6. Mitne De Meri Zindagi – Meharbani -Shewan Rizvi – Hafeez Khan
Additional songs sourced from Hindi Film Geet Kosh, with the support of YT:
7. Sooni Kar Gaye Sham Hamari Soona Kiya Savera – Wafa – Dina Nath Madhok – Vinod
8. Ban Than Ke Chali, Saj Dhaj Ke Chali– Bhai Bahen – Ishwar Chandra Kapoor – Shyam Sundar
9. Jalti Hai Duniya, Jalti Rahegi, O Dilwale Pyar Kiye Ja – Kamal Ke Phool – Rajendra Krishna – Shyam Sundar
While searching on YT, this great Non-Film Song is also said to be created in 1950:
10. Mera Pyar Mujhe Lauta Do – Sajjan – V Balsara
11 thoughts on “The Micro View of The Best Songs of 1950 @ Songs of Yore – Male Solo Songs – Talat Mahmood”
Awesome songs, Ashok!
A big thank you 🙂 🙂
Equally BIG thanks , in return, for so encouraging response..
Yes, 1950 songs of Talat Mahmood had that charm which made his songs to take us to Blue Mood …..